Erin and I "kidnapped" my niece Tabby yesterday for her 8th bday (which is actually next week) and took her to see OZ at The Mesa Arts Center. She had no idea we were coming (Erin knew all week long and never spilled the beans, so props to her!!) When we got to Tabby's house we blindfolded her and we were off. We didn't tell her what we were doing until it was almost time to go in the theatre.

This is them with their tickets right after she found out. I hadn't been to the new Arts Center since they built it...wow! They have done such a fabulous job...if you haven't gone to see something there yet, I highly reccomend it. East Valley Children's Theatre (where I used to Direct) did the show, and they also did a wonderful job. The girls loved it. They are both into theatre, so they were like kids in a candy store! After the show the girls got to meet the cast:

Tabby and Erin with Dorothy

The Cowardly Lion (who was hilarious, btw...that's why Erin's smiling so big...he had her in stitches)

The girls with the Tin Man...who did a fabulous job with the movement (rusted to not rusted...I was impressed!)

Erin with her favortie: Glenda the Good Witch...she LOVED her!

By the time they met one of the monkeys they were a little bit more at ease and playful with meeting all of the characters...so they had alot of fun joking around. Tabby grabbed his tail and wouldn't let go...but the monkey had to go backstage eventually and get his fill of peanut shells before the next performance. Then I asked Tab where she wanted to go for a treat to celebrate and out of all of her options (including The Cheesecake Factory) she picked Wendys! LOL!! I love kids! They got Jr. Frostys, which they had never had and they loved them! It was so much fun to have an "older girls" day out, and Tiff told me that Tabby has been singing all of the songs since she got home! Two more weeks Tab and it's Baptism time!!
9 comments:
What a fun day! I wish shows were a little cheaper so we could see more of them. The boys are getting old enough now to be able to sit through without having to take one of them out. Glad you loved it and happy birthday to Tabby!
How fun! Emma would have loved that! I need to look up what shows are playing and where and start taking her to some!
So fun...we'll have to get all of the girls together and go see some shows...
What a great Aunt you are! looks like a really great DAY! I love watching plays too!
Dear Aunt Lucy and Erin,
Thanks for the great surprise birthday present. I LOVED IT!! I have never been kidnapped (in a good way) before and it was fun. I loved the frosty and the play. You can kidnap me anytime!
Love, Tabby
It was our pleasure Tabbers! I think you just helped us to start a new Tradition...I think all nieces/nephews/daughters will get kidnapped for their eighth bday. Thank goodness we have a couple of years for everyone to forget!
Lucy -
Your family is adorable.. and Erin is so big.. and just precious.. I really enjoyed talking on the phone with you guys the other day -and erin is so articulate!! adorable!! here is my email address: hornang@gmail.com - talk soon...
love ya -
angie
We need an update! :)
Hi Lucy,
Thank you again for all of the help last week. I could not have done it without you.
The blog that I was telling you about is enduringwell.blogspot.com.
I hope that your friend is hanging in there, and doing okay.
I love you!
Suzanne
Post a Comment